Well, Christmas is now over, and all in all- it could not have been BETTER!!! I put aside my desire for perfection and cuteness, and lived in the moment. Wow! It was great! Pampered Daughter woke up around 6:30am and had her morning bottle then we opened presents. We took our time, let PD rip open the paper on her gifts, played with each gift as we opened them, and just had a fantastic time. All gifts were open by 8am. For the first time ever, Pampered Husband and I set a spending limit for each other, and we both blew it, but we ended up spending about the same. It was just perfect.
After a day of being lazy, it was time for me to tackle my worst enemy- a prime rib. A few years ago I decided to make a prime rib for Christmas dinner and I messed it up royally. I promised to never make it again, and low and behold, I found a new recipe for prime rib that I just had to try this year. This time around, though, I have better tools. My oven has this super cool probe that I can put into the meat, type in the temperature I want it to be, and the oven does all the work. It adjusts the heat and the way it bakes it. Finally, when the probe reaches the right temperature, the oven dings to let me know it is ready. AMAZING! I conquered the prime rib this year. It was delicious.
Many more posts to come about our pampered holiday.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment