Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Pampered Palace

Why does it feel like the first week or so of blogging is more like a job interview than anything else? I am spending valuable time giving you the background dirt before I actually get down to work. Which is exactly what? I don't really know yet. I know that I love my pampered sister in law's blog, but I would hate for her to think that I was merely copying her. So I don't really know yet.

Any who, let's move on to the pampered palace. In order to understand the significance of the new palace, you must understand the old small dirty hardly pampered palace. It all started about a year ago. Pampered Husband and I were renting an adorable 3/2 house with a beautiful backyard for our pampered pooches. Well, honestly, we were stretched beyond our means- we used to think that we needed to be pampered no matter the price. When we woke up from that dream, we realized that we were paying someone's mortgage and not saving a dime for our own palace. So we decided to move.

We moved into a tiny 2/2 apartment that was barely 900 square feet. Mr. Pampered and myself were basically on top of each other with no where to escape for private time. It was miserable!

Then the transfer happened and Mr. Pampered moved to a new state. Unwillingly, I put him in charge of finding us a new place to live. In order to avoid all lease breaking fees we had to move into another apartment owned by the same company. Believe it or not, Mr. Pampered found us an AMAZING place to live. We are now in an apartment larger than the house we were renting for a lot less money. As soon as this move is over we will start saving for our own palace.

Well, must get going. Heading back to old "palace" to pack and organize for the movers. The next time I talk to you I will be in a different state.

No comments: