I love American history. People say that, compared to the rest of the world, America is so young and has very little history- which is technically true, but what it does have is amazing. To think that this country was started by a few brave souls who merely wanted to believe in their own religions. Then the turmoil the country went through when some believed in "All men are created equal," and others thought they could own people. But we survived. We overcame a depression that could have destroyed the country, we went to war with and against other nations. And here we are now, in a very similar situation that we were in years ago. Hopefully we have learned enough from our past to get through the tough times once again. I guess it is true that history repeats itself.
Oh yeah- on the fireworks note, I know three things that don't like them- the pampered pets! So even though it is my absolute favorite holiday of the year, PH and I will be staying at home helping the pampered pets through their least favorite holiday.
Happy Birthday America!
Pampered Wife




No comments:
Post a Comment