The first book that I read this summer just for fun was Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella. This is the latest (as in last year because I refuse to pay for the hard cover) in the Shopaholic series. They actually made the first one into a movie, a bad movie from what I hear- so I am staying away from it. I love this series! It is all about a woman with a shopping addiction who is truly smart but feels a need to "fake it." In this book we get to experience her pregnancy with her and feel all of the insecurities that women feel during pregnancy- not that I know, but from what I hear. I loved the book. Read it all in one day. I would probably give the book 3 1/2 stars overall, but 5 stars for being a great summer read- quick, easy, enjoyable, doesn't require too much thinking!

The book I am currently working on is Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews. It is about two regional food show hosts competing for a show on The Cooking Channel- a la the Food Network. The cool thing about this book is the fact that it is set in the area I live in! I love reading it and thinking, "I've been there." However, it is slightly annoying that the author continually is changing from first to third person and even point of views. I find myself rereading a lot of the book just so I can figure out who is talking. I find that so distracting. As of right now, I am thinking 3 stars as a whole, and pretty much only 2 1/2 stars as a summer read. I will keep you posted as I complete the book...probably later today.

Oh yeah- still waiting on dream job!




No comments:
Post a Comment