Wow, technology has come such a far way. I remember the very first computer I ever used in school, the good ol' Apple IIe. Now I can get a computer no larger than the size of a notebook and I even get to pick the color. Wow!
Speaking of technology, I went to the library yesterday. I know that doesn't sound very technologically advanced but after spending $30 at Barnes and Noble last week for two paperback books and finishing both in less than 2 days- I knew I had to find the library. But getting back to the technology portion. My new library has self check out. You lay your books on an ordinary looking mat and then you scan your card on what looks like a flat bed scanner. Before you know it a receipt is being spit out at you telling you the due dates and wishing you fun reading. I was so amazed that I went back and checked out other books just so I could use the machine again. I immediately dropped them in the return bin after my fun was over.
But with the more things change, the more they stay the same. This weekend I purchased the cutest thing ever at Williams Sonoma- don't tell Pampered Chef! I was there doing research. I attend their free weekly cooking classes to get tips on how to interact with the people and sell the products at the same time. But getting back to the story. I purchased a star cutout thing that makes "pocket pies." Remember those horribly gross fruit pies that we had to have every time we went to the grocery store with our parents, well now I can make them- and they will be in the shape of stars! You can deep fat fry the pies (yucky) or bake them. I can't wait to make them for PH and myself. No wonder these 5lbs have creeped up on me......
See these are my pies that I am going to make!
Must head to gym to work off pies before I actually make them!
Pampered Wife




No comments:
Post a Comment