Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to Celebrate

It is officially time to celebrate- yes, even though it is Monday morning, I am celebrating! All of the red tape has been cut through, all of the i's dotted, t's crossed, and I can now announce- I have LANDED the dream job!!!!

I have to go in the next two days for pre-employment paper work and blah blah blah. I really like the way this job does it. You go in one day and they give you the packet with all of the necessary paperwork for you to fill out at home. Then you return the next day with the paperwork filled out and then you meet one on one with the salary specialist, to determine your wages, then the benefits specialist, and a whole bunch of other people. I really like this organization pattern. I look forward to being able to ask questions that I would have not asked if it were in a group format. I think this gives the whole process a much warmer and friendlier tone. (I hope this is true at least...)

Behind all of this excitement is a boat load of nerves! I am so excited to have landed dream job, but now I am worried that I will not be good enough. You see, the reason this is "dream job" is because it is putting me in the role that I have always wanted to be- the "go to person." Unofficially, I have been that for the last three years and loved it, but now I will be that officially- and that scares the crap out of me! I hope I can do it...I am pretty sure I can, but until I am doing it- I plan on being scared.

Talk soon!
PW

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay yay!! I know you'll do great!